You might wonder how it is I used up 2 rolls of packing tape, Rindee's gigantic roll of duct tape, and almost another regular sized roll of tape. Well, it is because my dryer looked like this:
At one point my husband suggested that if I used a block we might have more success keeping the tape sticking. I tried this out, trying to figure out how to make this suggestion work. It improved the situation slightly
A couple of weeks ago, consequently the same week I noticed my first gray hairs, I uncharacteristically got upset at the world. It happened after I tried to have a phone conversation with my friend. As usual the connection was poor and she couldn't hear me. Gabe was in the room and saw me slam down the phone and heard me say something like, "I hate this crappy phone and I hate the crappy dryer." My dear husband, suggested I use my cell phone to solve the phone issue and then took a look at the dryer. He came up with this idea:
Well, a true pioneer would have continued to tape the dryer (Gabe's way). However, a new challenge presented itself. Recently it has been taking 2 drying cycles to get the clothes dry. I also still couldn't leave the house while the dryer was going for fear that the door would pop open, the heating element (the same one that couldn't dry my clothes, but could sure heat the outside of the machine) would somehow burn my house down.
You've probably figured out by now that I'm not a true pioneer, but I am the proud owner of a new washer and dryer. Happy Birthday to me.
8 comments:
You big baby.
P.S. Happy birthday.
congrats on the new washer and dryer. Happy b-day.
You are a trooper! And much more of a pioneer than I am. I wouldn't have lasted with the tape for one day! Lol!
Happy B-day!
Well, you sure put in an honest effort to "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without".
It was time. I'm glad you got your birthday wish.
EM- You crack me up. thanks for writing about things like this. It makes my day to read about it. Oh yeah, happy birthday.
Congratulations! Thanks goodness we have MR fix it husbands. I was about to suggest KSL .com for you but looks like your happy now. What kind of cell phone do you use. I have a Tmobile and an AT&T sitting in my cupboard.
i love this story...and i love that you got a new dryer!
who wants to be a pioneer anyway?
not me!
Post a Comment