-Gabe and I went to a Jazz game with 2 other couples. His company does some work with XO Communications, so we went to their sponsored event (dinner then the game in the club suites). Gabe's handsome bald head caught the attention of the Jazz bear.

The boys finished up basketball this month. They both played well. Good Thing #2 was especially competitive and determined. This was the first year for both of the boys. It was interesting watching the difference between the 3rd and 4th grade games. A lot of growth happens in just one year.
Another day of love came and went. I had plans to decorate the house and have a little party for the kids at night time for Valentine's Day. The night before I was too tired to do anything though, so I scrapped the decoration idea. Then, my little Good Thing #3 left me a trail of hearts from my room to the table in the kitchen. Each heart said, "I love you" on it. His little kindness changed my attitude, and I decided the least I could do was surprise the kids with a "heart attack" on their doors. They seemed happy about that. Earlier in the week Grandma Baugh sent each of the kids a valentine with a $2 in it. We went to the dollar store where they eagerly spent it. It was funny the things they chose (candy and sunflower seeds for GT#1 and #2, play money and candy for GT #3, a balloon and ice cream for #4, and ice cream for #5). Gabe was home in the morning of Valentine's and he and I (and the little kids) went to lunch together. He surprised me a couple days earlier with this beautiful picture:
Good Thing #1 got to go to a Jazz basketball clinic led by Earl Watson and Devin Harris. It was held at the Jazz training facility (when we attended last year it was at the Energy Solutions Arena). It was cool to see the locker room and training floor. My son, did not feel well, however and spent most the time like this:

He perked up enough for a couple of other photos...

Good Thing #2 got to try out hockey one Saturday. He had a fantastic time.


On our day off school the kids and I went out to eat and then to the BYU Dinosaur and Bean Museum's. GT #5 is kind of into dinosaurs, so he was fun to follow around as he pointed and said, "Rarrrr" to each of the displays. Thanks to PBS kids Dinosaur train, GT #4 was able to point out the pteranodon. And, no matter how many times we visit, the kids still enjoy the Bean Museum. I'll be sad when the day come when they are no longer entertained by a bunch of stuffed animals.

We also had fun at a UVU basketball game. Miracles of miracles, Gabe was home from work one Saturday evening so he watched GT #3, who didn't want to come, and GT #5 who I didn't want to bring, while I took the others. It happened to be free hot dog, soda, and popcorn day so smiles from the kids were abundant.

The rest of the month was spent with school, homework, reading, piano, cubscouts, baby growing, and lots and lots of work for Gabe.
2 comments:
Your kids have grown so much in the 8 months we've been gone! Wow. And I love that picture of Gabe -- he should wear his hair like that more often!
We love Dinosaur Train here too. Im glad you had a fun month despite being very pregnant. Sure miss you.
Post a Comment