Sunday, July 13, 2008

Big 5!!




Though I was feeling sick, I was able to pull it together and provide some birthday fun for my good thing #2. By "pull it together" I mean drive the kids to Orem, drop the big boys off at the movies, then take everyone to Chuck E. Cheese afterwards. GT#2 requested the location and since I couldn't give him the million other things he wanted for his birthday the least I could do was give in on this one thing (it helped that we were in Orem anyway, and that my mom could help me out). He helped decorate the cake (not the Hot wheels one he requested) and got two small gifts from us. G-ma Baugh came through with a webkins, some books, a shirt, and a card (which I mention because Sam thought it was so awesome). After burning through many tokens and turning tickets into silly trinkets (which my kids LOVE) we headed home for some much needed R & R (for me). G-ma & G-pa Gunderson came over at night with 2 more gifts and pizza. GT#2 declared it to be a great day even though, "I didn't even get anything I asked for." GT#1, in great fashion said, "You should be grateful for the things you did get." Way to go son, you are listening!

I've got to mention that my GT#2 is a special kid. Good thing #1 was a bit of a difficult toddler, so GT#2 was a welcomed change. He was easy going, pleasant, and so so so cute (he was the favorite nephew and grandchild for a long time). He loves to draw and collect things, and horde boxes and scraps of papers and clippings from magazines. He often asks me to draw things for him (I'm no artist, trust me) like lions, ninja turtles, monsters, lego dioramas, etc. My favorite request was a soldier skeleton riding a horse with a sword. Anyway, I love him and am super glad he is in our family.

2 comments:

Amy & Greg said...

So fun to see your "good things." They are all adorable and do very much look like Gabe. It is wonderful to get back in touch.

Great run on the 5K!!

Amberlyn said...

Happy Birthday to Sam!!!

Life always seems to go on even when you are sick!!! You did a great job pulling things together!